Center for the Arts in Bonita Springs, Florida
Phone: 239-495-8989 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.artcenterbonita.org
If you feel that you are concentrating too much on small details at the expense of a bolder, more dramatic outcome, this step-by-step workshop will help you to learn what to paint and more importantly, what to leave out. In this workshop you will learn how to loosen up and apply your paint in a gestural, painterly manner.
You will practice using bigger brushes and ample paint. We will take color to new unexpected places by translating color to values and departing from realism. Timed exercises will be given to learn how to work more quickly and efficiently. Join us for several days of instruction and training - this may open the door to an exciting new level of creativity and artistic expression. The workshop is open to acrylic and oil painters. Pastel and Watercolor painters are welcome although painting demonstrations will be in acrylics.
The workshop begins with with a full explanation of materials, methods and a step-by-step painting demonstration
You will learn and practice how to:
- see and simplify values
- create a value sketch as a “roadmap” to a successful painting
- translate values into colors
- simplify - knowing what detail is important and what's not
- paint with fewer strokes for a bolder look
- work with thicker paint and bigger brushes
- keep colors clean and bright
- learn the importance of greys for color unity
- get energetic, gestural brushwork
- and much more